Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Reflection

Well we are home at last in the great state of Utah. I have to admit at times (usually once a day) I come back to our blog and reminisce or look at pictures. I think we both miss the people and the place we called home for one short month. On the contrary I think back to a question a Bengali man asked me once in conversation: "Is America like heaven?" and being back here I feel like I would honestly tell him yes, that it probably is close to how one imagines heaven in the third world. I came to this conclusion simply through observation. I can't help but notice that the roads are spotless here. The mountains are awesome. The air smells fresh and clean. The people are generally genuine and wealthy. The grocery stores are stocked with all kinds of conceivable cravings. School is ... well school. I love it. I don't understand however why I am so blessed when others are denied my same opportunities. I makes me wonder if we were in the same desperate situations most of the people we saw were in, if we would treat our opportunities differently and take more full advantage of them?

No comments:

Post a Comment